Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dwarf Army Phase 3


Well it is nearly the middle of July (OK it is the middle) and I am just getting around to picking my next 175 points of Dwarves for our 4 gamers challenge. This batch will get me to 525 points total. I am adding a banner (which is mostly a points sink), 5 Khazad Guard, 5 Dwarves with shield and 5 Dwarves with two handed axes.

Sixteen models should be doable before the end of the month but I have got to get cracking now.

We have entered the point in the competition where it is very hard to maintain focus. Our group of competitors all suffers, to a degree, from gamer ADD. I know that Tim was the first to fail to get a monthly painting project completed and I have not seen any evidence that he is still painting. Mike seems to still be in. Jerry painted all 700 points the first month so his focus is elsewhere. To cap it off we have only played 1 game each and that was at the 175 point level. So far this month we have not played any 350 point games that count (though I did get in a game last weekend and managed to trash a new guy, oops).

I just need to keep pushing and get this batch done. I am sure the rest of the guys will still be in for the long haul. If I slip now I will just give up and I will not be the first one to drop out.

The cool thing is I will have the core troops for a Dwarf army done well in advance of the Gathering in the Desert 2012. This will allow me to try several different list ideas before the event. I am starting to feel pretty good about the army and my prospects for next year.

4 comments:

el zorro said...

keep at it! your contest has motivated me (part of your random readership) to push through with my own mountain of LOTR models.

Dagreenskins said...

This month I have been dragging. I have my models ready for paint I just haven't started painting them yet. Just have a lot going on this month however the tables are all done and work is getting better. I plan to get some paint on them this weekend.

Jerry said...

Keep it going! I know how hard it is to focus. So that's why I belted it all out at once. In fact, that's why I have to finish entire projects at once. I'll lose interest and it will take forever to finish, or even start in some cases.

Robert said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I am still working and I am making good progress. I think these will be done well ahead of the deadline.