Monday, July 7, 2014

Vacation Shopping

Another year and another July 4th trip to Southern California.  As part of this annual vacation ritual I visit a couple of great games stores and spend too much money.  The first stop is always The War House in Long Beach.  This a cool little hole in the wall place that is a neat mix of old stuff and the latest releases.  I found the new Battlefront Bastogne Church.  I have been waiting a long time for one of these and was very happy to finally add it to the collection.  I will do a separate review of this.  I also found a few items for my US armies - some jeeps, TD security section for late war and an armored rifle company HQ section.  I probably could of spent lots more there but I needed to pace myself.

After an inexcusably crappy lunch, Tim and I headed over to Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove.  I have been shopping at Brookhurst for years and it is one of my favorite shops.  I always find lots of good stuff and this year was no exception.  I got a few packs of Peter Pig figures for various German projects for Flames of War.  I found a cool FJ Light Artillery battery for my never ending Fallschirmjager army.  I picked up a Barkmann set for my Normandy Panther Company project.  This is the new one with the plastic parts.  Now I will need to order the plastic parts for the rest of the army - doh!  I added some 4Ground 15mm walls to my European terrain collection.  These look really cool and more than 3 feet of walls for $13 is pretty good.  Finally, I added some Perry and Warlord French to the pile for my Napoleonic project.

All in all vacation was sand, sun, good food and great hobby shopping!


styx said...

Nice Haul!

Scott Bowman said...

Good haul, always nice to flex the plastic on a hobby shopping spree!