Sunday, January 6, 2019

Speed Freeks Completed Set


At the beginning of November my friend, Tim, gifted me a most generous and unexpected birthday present - Speed Freeks.  We had both been excited for this release but for slightly different reason.  We both fell in love with the previews of the models.  Tim was more interested in the actually game as he is not an Ork player and has no plan to start an army.  He is, however, a fan of games like Gaslands so this seemed like an game that would be easier to get on the table...and the models are cool.  I was actually more interested in the models than the game as they make excellent additions to my ever growing and expansive Ork hoard.  I kind of figured the game would be somewhat of a throwaway game.  It turns out it is a pretty fun game all on its own.

For the last couple months I have been working diligently to complete the entire set.  If you have been following along you have seen the posts for each individual Speedmob and a brief blurb about the game itself.  I am proud and excited to reveal the completed Speed Freeks box set!  This is the first time I have ever completely painted all the models in a GW boxed game or starter set.

All the models included in the game assembled and painted.

These are the terrain pieces included in the game.

I purchased an old set of Ork barricades that were painted but just needed some weathering.  These are the old resin models from many years back.  I actually forgot to get one of them in the picture.

Next up for this will be to assemble and paint the new Mekboy Workshop kit and the junk piles included with that set.  I also have a second set of the old resin Ork walls to finish.  This will give me tons of terrain for 40K, Kill Team and Speed Freeks.

Once again, these items were painted at the end of last year so no painting credit for this.


No comments: