Monday, July 12, 2010

Black Powder ACW

After reading through the Black Powder rules I have been inspired to work on my ACW collection. I am planning to run a large ACW game later in the Summer along with some other gamers. There is quite a large local collection of 28mm ACW and I would like to use some of my own stuff for the game.

The first phase of the project for me is to paint my Foundry brigade. This brigade is, oddly enough, comprised entirely of foundry figures. I have completed the artillery. This is a 12lb Napoleon with crew. This represents a single battery in game terms.


Next we have the first of the Infantry regiments. This is my 114th Pennsylvania Volunteers. I actually painted these figures a couple of years ago but I have finally decided on the basing and now the unit is ready for action.


The second infantry regiment is being based now and the third is being painted. Once complete this brigade will have a General, an Artillery battery and three Infantry regiments. I am pretty excited to get this project going.

No comments: