Saturday, May 3, 2008

Kiev City Militia

Here is the next installment of my Rus army for Warhammer Ancient Battles (WAB). This is my Kiev City Militia. These are generic infantry, equipped with thrusting spears and shields. I wanted them to be plain but slightly uniform in appearance. I kept the pallet more restricted than I would normally do for a dark age army.




Next up for this project will be a unit of Varjazi. This will probably take several months as I have a bunch of stuff in the painting queue.

4 comments:

Tom O said...

Very cool Robert!

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

Those guys are coiming along nicely, I'm a huge fan of "restricted palletes" when it comes to painting.

How do you plan on finishing off their bases? Anything in particular?

If you are still interested in a banner for your army, let me know.

Robert said...

Ron,

I will finish the bases to match the Danes - http://dspaintingblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/danes.html

As for banners, I think I will be talking to you in the future. You notice that neither of the first two units have banners.

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

Checked them out too (the Danes), very nice. The basing really unifies the whole unit.

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing these new guys finished.