Thursday, February 26, 2009

Doors


I have been working some more on my drawing projects lately. Here is a perspective exercise drawing from the excellent Vanishing Point book by Jason Cheeseman-Meyer. Turns out that a drawing like this takes a lot of time. I have about 8 hours in this project. This is ink over pencil and then rendered with colored pencil.

Sorry for the crappy picture. This is an 11"x17" drawing and my scanner will not work with paper that big. This is a digital photo of the drawing.

3 comments:

Tim Kulinski said...

Nice work Rob, I can tell even from this rather simple drawing that it took a few hours to do, good job man...

Jason Cheeseman-Meyer said...

Nice job there! 8 hours is quite an investment, but I hope you feel like it's worth it. The next time you tackle something like this I bet it'll go considerably faster.

Robert said...

Jason,

Thanks for your comments! I really learned a ton with this project and I am sure it would be much quicker the next time. One key thing is to use different colors for the framework. Once you have a few hundred lines on the paper things can get lost if it is all the same color.

Robert