Saturday, May 3, 2014

Workbench Update

So far this year has been pretty sad for me and getting regular updates on the blog.  This is mainly due to not painting as much stuff as normal.  Or maybe I should say that I am not completing as much as I have in the past.

This has actually been a pretty good year, so far, for playing games.  I have gotten in quite a few Flames of War games as well as Bolt Action games.  I have even managed to get in a Black Powder game.

I have been working on a few projects and I should have lots more updates soon - good ones, not just lame excuses.  Coming soon are some more FoW Fallschirmjagers.  I am nearing completion on  some extra command stands as well as some snipers.  We are trying to gather forces for a Market Garden campaign later this summer and my FJ should get lots of table time for this.  I also have pioneers, heavy mortars and heavy artillery to add to this army.

I acquired a collection of used German tanks for Flames of War from a local gamer.  At first it seemed like it might be a pretty fair deal but having spent some time with the tanks it is looking lots like a charity deal.  Oh well, I really like salvage projects and this one is definitely salvage.  I plan to use most of these tanks for a late 42 - early 43 11th Panzer Division project.  This will be focused on the Chir River battles.  It should be pretty fun as this will be my first winter force.  I am planning several posts for the restoration of these tanks and building of the army.

My Kampfgruppe Hummel project will be continuing as well.  This army should see time in the Market Garden games so I need to get this done.  I need a few more Tigers and then a couple of Pz IV and Pz III to finish it up.

For Bolt Action I finally decided to build the Perry British 8th Army and have started the assembly and collection of forces.  I have nearly finished assembling the first box of troops and I have a British Mk VIc tank that I got for Warlord during their big tanks sale.  I need to add more support and troops.  This should see some progress as the summer progresses.

I need to get my Napoleonic French project back on track as well.  I did manage to assemble all the Victrix models I have collected and started painting but then it got back-burnered.  We are still hoping to get a BP game in for the 1813 campaign this Fall so time is a wasting.  I still need to acquire some more models for this.

There are lots of cool plastic releases in the pipeline that have me really excited.  Plastic Soldier Company has KV-1 and late PZ III sets coming soon and there new IS-2 box is really cool.   This is just the type of stuff that will get me inspired.

Maybe I should finish painting my Captain America and Bucky figures...

Enough chitchat...time to get back to painting.


1 comment:

Paul W said...

Sounds like a busy year ahead! Look forward to watching the progress of your panzers. Playing lots of games is always a good excuse for not painting so much :-) Cheers, Paul.