Thursday, June 30, 2016

French 1/9 Line Regiment

I have finished my fifth unit for my Black Powder Napoleonic project.  This time we have the 1st Battalion of the 9th Regiment.  Why did I pick this unit?  I would love to have some great historical reason for modeling this unit but like all the rest of my French it is named after the flag I put on it.



The figures are Warlord plastic figures.  This set come with metal command figures.  My one complaint is that the way the sets are created you get an odd number of elite company models.  For my units I need 8 of these models and the set comes with 7 so I have to add in a single Perry figure to build a complete unit.  Why would they put 7 in the box?  It is a real pain and in the end future projects with these figures will require that one box be used to scavenge the extra elites.  I understand that the current sets are 24 figures rather than the 32 in the boxes I have.  I can't see how the reduction of figures will correct the ratio issue.  I do recommend these figures as they are very well sculpted have lots of character.