Friday, June 18, 2010

Tamiya 1/48th scale T-34

As part of the same deal with Tom that got me the sweet Tiger I also acquired these nice Tamiya T-34's. Even though I have a company of Soviet infantry in my collection I was sorely lacking in Soviet armor. These babies will go a long way towards filling that gap.

These models were assembled and painted by my friend Tim and his Saguaro Painting Service. These are good, solid and basic builds and paint jobs and they would be fine...but they look like new tanks! Soviet tanks never looked this good. As soon as they left the factory they would display the most amazing weathering and damage. Some changes are coming for these tanks (sorry Tim). They must get roughed up and grimed up a bit.







Check back to see how I bang these up some.

No comments: