Thursday, January 4, 2007

Gorlika

I finished another of the marvelous Foundry orc figures today. This is a figure I have had for a couple of years (I think I got him at the flee market at Historicon 2004). It is really nice to paint a figure just for the sake of painting the figure. For the last few years I have been working on painting armies with specific gaming goals in mind. These Foundry orcs have no purpose other than they are cool.


There was a time a few years ago when I was a much better painter. The need to paint large numbers of figures has meant that I have adopted speed techniques. These work well for game pieces, they are not always the most artistic. With these orcs I am attempting to teach myself how to paint again.

I still have a way to go before I have my highlighting right but I am getting better, I think. I have a few more of these guys to practice on...

No comments: